Friday, January 21, 2011

A bit of thought . . .

I'm not that fond of certain words,
Some really make me cringe.
I'm not that opinionated;
But one or two will prime a whinge.

The main offender's 'awesome',
It almost refused to be typed,
It's used with barely a thought;
A mock superlative, that's been 'hyped'.

Don't get me wrong -words should be used
To express sublime emotions;
Just not 'that' one - it sounds so false
Just 'thrown' in as a notion.

Now! 'awe inspiring' is better
And there's plenty more to choose
So when you're about to say it
Think 'what else could I use'!

Always using exaggerated nouns.
Is not really that convincing.
Doesn't convey in its best form
What you are truly thinking.

So now, I must also rethink
Those words I often mention.
So they don't become meaningless
When meant with good intention.










No comments:

Post a Comment