Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shall I compare you to a cactus

Shall I compare you to a cactus?
You'd fit well into that category;
Apart from the bleedin' obvious,
And you're the biggest one I know;

You have sucked my life-source dry
As do the succulents in their arrid environs.
Their barbed spines easily compare
To your poisonous, spikey comments.

Should they accidentally embed themselves
Into skin, unprotected, they will
Hook in for ever! Until either lovingly tweezed out
Or work themselves out over days and months;

Like the worst kind of splinter.
I inwardly howled with laughter as you
Had hundreds in your back. 
I tweezed out the majority - but left you one - or two!

Oh! and by the way . . . I poisoned your
Pride and joy, systematically
Before I left!




No comments:

Post a Comment